Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The power of booktalking

So....last week I booktalked about 20 titles in a 45 minute time period, and hands down, the book girls wanted the most was Breaking Up is Hard to Do. I promised I'd go down to the local bookseller to get three more copies.
A week later (today, to be exact) lo and behold! They were completely out of stock of that title and the nearestbookseller that had it in stock was about 40 miles away. There was a rush on this book last week.
Power to the booktalkers of every school in America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the Royal Oak Public Library!

We also own a copy of that book and have had to order more copies since it is so popular. I haven't read it myself, but it sounds like a great resource.

If you'd like more recommendations, check out our blog at http://roplteens.blogspot.com . Keep up the great work!