Friday, January 1, 2010

Have your read the graphic novels yet?

I admit...I'm a geek. When I was a kid, I LOVED watching Star Trek and the Twilight Zone. Now, many years later, TZ has resurrected itself for today's YA through graphic novels. I devoured the first three and eagerly await the rest!! What's most interesting is that the first page covers biographical info on Rod Serling as well as a social impact it had on the episodes created through what was happening in current events back then. But instead of watching something about racism, it recreated itself into something with a more science fiction bend. What an eye-opener for me! Didn't realize I was watching something deeper than 30 minutes of fascination from my UHF channel to my living room. I think teens will snap these up with a little help from booktalking. So, here's something to help! A small video I put together to throw into a booktalk. I'll put it on schooltube, along with my others for your enjoyment and download : )

No comments: