Monday, August 31, 2015

Using Memes in Education: Library Orientation

This year, I decided to use memes in the freshmen orientation for two reasons: 1. kids can relate to these (since they use and make them all the time themselves) and 2. let students know the library is more than rules, guidelines, and shushing. It can be fun, imaginative, creative, and inviting. I did a test drive with our new teachers for new teacher orientation, and although it was unexpected, they thoroughly enjoyed it! :) Basically, it's all about relationships, and this is a fun way to do it. Most of the memes I created myself using imgflip.com SUPER easy!!

6 comments:

Sara Kiplinger said...

These are awesome, thanks!

ELK said...

This is a great idea. But which particular Meme did you use? Are you willing to share?

Naomi said...

I used the site imgflip.com :) others I found by searching

Mrs. Smith said...

I am also a high school librarian. I've been wanting to do something different with library orientation. I am very curious about what you discussed with each slide. I may have to do something like this next year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I borrow a few of your memes? I've got freshmen coming in on Friday.

Unknown said...

I used the site imgfave.com :) others I found by searching.

PTE Coaching Centers in Ludhiana